In case you missed it…
- ALDF Regional Networking Reception on Tuesday, March 1 from 6-7:30pm in the front lobby. Free food and drinks will be provided! The Animal Legal Defense Fund’s mission is to protect the lives and advance the interests of animals through the legal system. ALDF’s groundbreaking efforts to push the U.S. legal system to end the suffering of abused animals are supported by thousands of dedicated attorneys and more than 100,000 members and supporters. Do not miss this opportunity to meet attorneys in the field of animal law!
- ISBA 7th Annual Animal Law Conference on Friday, March 4, 2016 at the ISBA Regional Chicago Office (8:30 am – 4:30 pm). There will be several panels with speakers both from the Chicago area and from around the country! This event is free for law student members of the ISBA (it’s free to join!) For more info, visit https://www.isba.org/cle/2016/03/04/animallawconference
- Blackfish Screening + Lunch on Tuesday, March 8 from 11:30-1pm in room 165. Blackfish: the story of Tilikum, a captive killer whale that has taken the lives of several people, underscores problems within the sea-park industry, man’s relationship to nature, and how little has been learned about these highly intelligent mammals. Come watch and discuss this controversial documentary with free lunch!
- SALDF + Irish-American Law Student Association St. Patty’s Day Bake Sale! Wednesday, March 9 on the 3rd floor spak Sign up sheets will be provided via email.
- Puppy Chow Giveaway We will be hosting a puppy chow (for people, not humans) giveaway some time in April!
- Two BYOP (Bring Your Own Puppy) days! One puppy day will be hosted in April and one will be hosted in May! More details to come.
All of the details for these internship opportunities are listed on the ALDF website at: http://aldf.org/resources/law-professional-law-student-resources/law-students-saldf-chapters/opportunities-in-animal-law/
- Summer 2016 ALDF Litigation Program Clerkship Sponsored by David Reuben (Cotati, CA)
- Summer 2016 ALDF Criminal Justice Program Clerkship Sponsored by David Reuben (Portland, OR)
- Summer 2016 ALDF Criminal Justice Program Legal Clerkship (Portland, OR)
- Summer 2016 ALDF Litigation Program Clerkship (Cotati, CA)
- Big Cat Rescue Legislation and Advocacy Intern (Tampa, FL)
- Fall 2016/Spring 2017 ALDF Litigation Program Clerkship (Remote)
- Mercy for Animal Legal Internship (Los Angeles, CA)
- The International Fund for Animal Welfare Summer 2016 Legal Internship (Yarmouthport, MA)
- PETA Foundation Law Internship (Washington, DC)
- Humane Society of the United States Legislative Interns, Federal Affairs Division (Washington, DC)
- Compassion over Killing Summer 2016 Litigation Internship (Torrance, CA)
ALDF offers a free graduation packet that includes an ALDF lapel pin, graduation cord, and application for a complimentary one-year ALDF attorney membership.If you are a graduating 3L and are interested in receiving an ALDF graduation packet, please email Alexa at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 4th.
Elections will be held later in Spring Semester. All positions are up for election.
- Vice President