The Intellectual Property Law Society at Chicago-Kent College of Law will be hosting a panel discussion on claim definiteness since the Supreme Court’s decision in Nautilus, Inc. v. Biosig Instruments, Inc. Practitioners of both patent prosecution and litigation will be given guidance on how to this case, and cases since, have and will continue to affect their practice.
Discussion will focus on the varying standards for both procuring a patent and post-grant review; claim construction issues; functional claiming; as well as whether the Supreme Court has substantively changed the standard. We will discuss a variety of recent cases and whether they would have come out differently under the old vs. new standards.
This event is approved for 1.5 general CLE hours in Illinois and 1.5 general CLE hours in Pennsylvania.
- Jordan Pringle from MBHB (Moderator)
- Jeffrey Burgan from Leydig, Voit, and Mayer
- Dr. Krista Vink Venegas from McDermott, Will & Emery
- Margaux Nair from K&L Gates LLP
- Grantland Drutchas from MBHB
- Checkin Begins: 5:30PM
- Panel Discussion: 6:05PM -7:35PM
- Reception Following Panel: 7:35PM – 9:30PM