Welcome to the Chicago-Kent College of Law’s Environmental Law Society!
The Environmental Law Society (“ELS”) is a student organization focused on enhancing our school’s profile as one of the nation’s top-rated environmental law schools. We do this by:
- Heightening awareness of environmental law and its connection with other bodies of law and disciplines;
- Promoting sustainability within our law school;
- Raising student eco-consciousness and encouraging personal sustainability throughout the student body;
- Supporting students financially in their quest to serve the environment; and
- Contributing to the enhancement of the environmental law curriculum.
Among our greatest accomplishments, ELS is proud to be able to award students who pursue a low-paying or unpaid environmental advocacy position with a summer fellowship. ELS sponsors speaker events, volunteer outings, social events and seeks to continually improve the sustainability of Chicago-Kent’s campus.
No matter the issue, our mission remains the same: to strengthen the capacity of our members to make real contributions to the field of environmental law — and to the environment itself — in the local, national and international communities. Whether you are seeking a job for after graduation or support getting through your first semester of law school, ELS can provide resources for you.