BLSA hosted one of three Sub-Regional Academic Retreats for the Midwest region of the National Black Law Students Association (MWBLSA) on September 20, 2014. The retreats, also held simultaneously at Ohio Northern University and William Mitchell College of Law, included sessions focused on:
- Preparing 1Ls for classes and exams
- Resume tips and mock interviews for 2Ls and 3Ls
- Advice from practicing attorneys in different areas of law
- Advice from students about succeeding at internship placements
- Becoming better negotiators.
40 students attended the free retreat, and 2 lucky students won $100 gift cards for their exemplary negotiation skills.
Visit MWBLSA on Instagram to check out pictures from other retreats, and follow them to receive updates about MWBLSA.