- Local BLSA Chapter dues for the year will be $10. Dues help us put on our events throughout the year, along with other fundraising efforts. Coming soon: Information on how to pay your local dues.
- We also encourage everyone to pay the National BLSA dues. The cost is $35 for one year, $60 for two and $90 for three years. You can pay your dues here. By becoming a dues paying member of NBLSA you have access to perks such as job fairs in all regions.
Website and Social Media:
- The BLSA website will be launching by the end of next week. Students will have access to outlines, news and updates, etc.
- Join our Facebook group to stay connected with other Chicago-Kent law students and Alumni.
- We would like to enhance everyone’s presence online by having a photographer come and take our members’ headshots.
- Headshots will be $10 for local dues paying members and $20 for non-local dues paying members, and will include two digital edited headshots per person.
- Register here if interested. Time, date, and location TBA
- BLSA will be participating in the Chicagoland Out of Darkness Walk on September 26, 2015. More information is forthcoming.
- Any community service ideas? Send them to the Community Service Coordinator, Brandi Burton!
- David is excited about the new academic year, and plans to host desk hours for students especially the 1Ls.
- Towards the end of the semester, BLSA will hold an exam preparation session for students.
- More information will be provided in the upcoming weeks.
- 1L reps Wanted! Email the BLSA Secretary, Kelsey Cox, if interested.
- Our Evening Rep is Jaleesa Reed.
CCBA Young Lawyers Section Social:
- Date: Friday, September 11, 2015
- See picture above for Details and to RSVP
BLSA Social – Chicago Football Classic:
- Date: Saturday, September 26, 2015
- Cost: $17
- For more information, visit http://chicagofootballclassic.biz/
- Email Sharon Uti if you’re interested in attending
BLSA Social – Game Night!:
- Date: Friday, October 9, 2015
- Location: David Springer’s apartment/rooftop (weather-permitting)
- Time: TBA
- Bring your own beverages, games, and significant others! BLSA will provide the food
Mama Made It Monday:
- Date: Thursday, October 15, 2015. (Will be dubbed “Mama Made it Monday on a Thursday” to coincide with SBA’s Diversity Thursday.)
- Food: Chicken and Biscuits. If you have any suggestions about Chicken spots around Chicago, let Kelsey know!
- Date: Monday, November 23, 2015
- Location: Chicago-Kent Lobby
- Time: TBA
- Theme: Thanksgiving