Welcome back from Spring Break! We know there have been a lot changes these last few weeks. Even though the school is now remote, SBA wanted to assure you all that we will still be distributing SBA Awards and inducting students into the Bar & Gavel Society. That being said, the deadline for nominations has been extended to Monday, March 30 at 9 am.
As a reminder, the SBA Awards and Bar & Gavel Society recognizes outstanding work and dedication to the law school.
1. The SBA Awards include the following awards:
- Staff Member of the Year
- Adjunct Professor of the Year
- Professor of the Year
- Alumna/Alumnus of the Year
- Ralph Brill Award
- This award may only be given to a staff member, faculty member or alumnus/alumna who has either: (a) been employed by Chicago-Kent for the last 10 years; OR (b) Graduated at least 10 years before the award is given and has shown exemplary service and accomplishments
Student Organization of the Year
2. Bar & Gavel Society
The Bar & Gavel Society is a prestigious society composed of graduating students (3Ls/4Ls) who have demonstrated leadership and service to the law school. These students do not have to be members of SBA. Up to 12 of the nominees will be admitted. Past recipients have distinguished themselves through outstanding service to the law school, peers, legal profession and community around them.
Know someone who deserves to be recognized through the SBA Awards or Bar & Gavel Society? Please submit your nominations toSofia Valdivia at svaldivia with the subject line “Nomination for SBA Awards.”
(1) State the reasons for the nomination
(2) Not exceed 250 words
(3) May include a resume (but not required)
(4) are DUE Monday, March 30 at 9:00 am