Date: Oct 11, 2018
Timing: 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Speakers : Maria Baldini-Potermin, Fred Tsao, Jon Delozano, Laura Bloniarz
On September 4, the Trump administration announced its decision to phase out the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
A panel of immigration lawyers, advocates and activists will discuss the phase-out and answer important questions, including:
• Why did the government decide to end DACA?
• Who will be impacted and how?
• What can I do to help?
- Maria Baldini-Potermin, founder of Maria Baldini-Potermin & Associates, P.C
- Fred Tsao, Senior Policy Counsel at the Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights
- Jon Delozano, Attorney at the Legal Assistance Foundation (LAF)
- Laura Bloniarz, Associate at Fragomen Worldwide
This event is brought to you by the Immigration Law Society, Hispanic-Latino Law Students Association, SBA Diversity Committee, ACLU, American Constitution Society, and Labor and Employment Law Society.