It’s been a busy start to the year! I thought I’d take a moment to summarize many of the events and projects our student orgs have worked on this semester that I’ve been supporting.
If I’ve left something out or missed a message from someone, please do let me know!
- 2 student organization leader training sessions
- Event photography at 6 student organization sponsored events
- Headshot photo shoots with 14 student leaders
- 5 student org events are now on the Chicago-Kent facebook page
- 4 student organizations “rebranded” their websites with new designs
- 3 student organizations created new websites
- 3 new student organizations have websites in the setup process
- Misc projects: finding bylaws, setting up google groups, adding WordPress plugins for projects, forwarding questions about setting up or accessing email on to our IT department (email@example.com)
Questions? Feel free to contact me via email or social media
Find training links, photography samples, and links to updated student org websites below:
Student Leader Training Materials
At the SBA Student Leader trainings, I shared these slides and handouts summarizing the services that I usually help our student organizations and journals with:
- Photography (scheduling for events, etc.)
- Social Media (promoting events, etc.)
- Website Updates (getting started, updating, changing design, etc.)
Student Org Services Links:
If you’d like to have me provide event photography or headshots for your organization, please contact me via email as early as possible – my availability depends on my schedule and it may not be possible for me to help if I’m already “booked.”
Student Org Events
Fall 2017 Headshots
Here are a selection of the headshots I’ve taken for student organization leaders – if your organization would also like to arrange for headshots, I’m happy to work out a time that works for us both via email.
- 3 organizations had new websites go live:
- 3 organizations worked to redesigned their existing websites over the summer or at the beginning of the fall semester:
- 3 new organizations are working to create new websites, hopefully to be shared soon:
- Law Firm Management Society
- The Round Table
- China Law Society
WordPress Orientation/Training Links
Want to work on your website now? These introductory links are designed for Chicago-Kent users and include video guides & examples
- WordPress 101 – overview of basic tools & content
- WordPress Orientation – video guides for editor tools & changing passwords
- WordPress Events – overview & examples of events on student org sites
- WordPress Profiles – overview & examples of student leader profiles on student org sites
NOTE: If your organization does not have access to your website, would like to rebrand your current one, or needs to set one up, please let me know! I’m happy to provide a test site that you can experiment with or logins for current sites.
Find me online!
You’re always welcome to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or arrange to stop by my office, but if you’re using social media and would like to connect with me to send me messages or invite me to events, you’re welcome to do so – here are my personal accounts: