A blog post is a short commentary on recent case law or issues affecting the intellectual property law community. Blog posts are published on this website. Students may opt to write blog posts in either the Fall or Spring semester. Please note that students may write blog posts in one semester and a book review in the other if they would like.
A student writing blog posts must:
- commit to writing throughout a single semester;
- write 2 blog posts that are each at least 5 pages long and contain fully formatted endnotes;
- double-space and use 12-point font throughout the student note;
- spend at least 40 hours throughout the semester working on the blog posts and maintain a timesheet documenting the same;
- meet with a Lexis representative to perform a preemption check;
- meet all deadlines outlined by the Editorial Board; and
- meet with their Academic Advisor approximately 1-2 times per semester.